Sunday, July 3, 2011

Scarlet Twist socks

So, having got over my aversion to taking my own photo... ta da!  I'm back, but who knows what hideousness and violations against the fashion world are being committed, just off-camera, hmm?  We'll never know... actually, I am quite stylishly clad today, but you'll just have to take my word for it.  Because the purpose of this post is to reveal my new, and possibly last for a while, sockies.  Last, you may ask?  am I sick of knitting socks? well, no, I still have enthusiasm for sock-knitting and I still have some sock wool left.  But I think I have quite enough socks now :), even Craig is helping himself to my sock drawer occasionally, and I am thinking of making other things from my remaining sock wool... just exactly what is to be revealed sometime in the future...
Do you like my new companion? (Sienna is taking a break from modelling too...)  I have included pussycats in my sock pictures before, here, and here, and once a sort-of animal got in on the act here, but this is a first for this green-eyed diva...  she is very fluffy and very placid, and has just been treated to a good vigorous brush, so was in the mood for sitting happily and plumply, if briefly, at my feet; that beautiful glossy grey coat setting off my socks to perfection.


Details:
Socks; knitted in Morris Empire Superwash Merino 4 ply in Scarlet Twist (col 453) with Beluga (col 430) heels and toes, based on the pattern for Ladies Sockettes in Patons Knitting Book C11, a circa 1960's publication

No comments:

Post a Comment