Thursday, June 23, 2011

Windy, or what? *

Me-Made June, Day 24
I don't know if you can tell but it is blowing a gale!  Happily the temperature is still quite warm (12C-23C, if you're interested...)  A perfect washing day!
It's a pity, because I had my hair done and it is impossible to see here how glamorous it actually looks at the mo...  but I'm not caring much because I love this sort of weather.
Today's mini-challenge for Me-Made June is to pose with an animal
So I've pressed into service my usual animal...
And because Sienna rarely if ever gets her own lone shot (I often get comments from the family about this...) here she is, doing her best supermodel-flipping-the-hair-about-in-the-wind impersonation.  The camera loves her, yes?


Details:
Top; self-drafted but basically just rectangles, rusty corduroy body and purple raw silk sleeves (all leftovers from other garments), details here
Jeans; Burda 7863 modified, purple stretch denim, details here
Socks; (pictured at right, don't they match nicely?) handknit by me, details here
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti from Zomp shoes
Sienna's do; self-styled with natural products (sun, salt and sand)...

*  I really enjoyed kbenco's Aussie lexicon and am providing another Aussie turn of phrase for those readers who may not have heard it before, in my title today "Windy, or what?"  Australians often put "or what?", on the end of an adjective and this is considered a complete sentence.  It translates as "Hmm, it is very windy out today, is it not?", and the listener can respond wholeheartedly with "Bloody oath!"  (translation, "Oh, yes, I couldn't agree more")  Any other circumstantially appropriate adjective can be substituted for "windy", depending on the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment